Discover the best of Alaska with this indispensable travel guide. Alaska is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Alaska.
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this wild and scenic state.
Tour the mighty Mendenhall Glacier, ride the Alaska Marine Highway or brave the cold to catch a glimpse of the mesmerising Northern Lights: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Alaska with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Alaska:
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Over 25 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Experience Alaska with features on the Native cultures and peoples of Alaska, volcanoes and earthquakes, Alaska's glaciers, landscape and wildlife, Russian culture, dog sledding, and more
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus transport, visa and health information
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Alaska, designed for every interest and budget
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the history of Alaska, land and ecology, people and society, and festivals and events that take place throughout the year
- Colour photographs of Alaska's natural wonders - glaciers, waterfalls, lakes and rivers, forest trails, mountains, Arctic tundra - plus harbour towns, villages and the state's largest city, Anchorage
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Anchorage, the Kenai peninsula, Prince William Sound, Southeast Alaska, Western Interior Alaska, Eastern Interior Alaska, Southwest Alaska, Arctic and Western Alaska
- Illustrations and area plans show in detail the Alaska Native Heritage Center, Independence Mine State Historical Park, Kenai Fjords National Park and more
- ISBN: 9780241277812